Wednesday, June 24, 2015

C-A-L RANCH - Twin Falls, ID

C-A-L Ranch stores was one of the companies who took action to assist the hotshot families after the tragedy.  While in Idaho, we were pleased to have the opportunity to stop by the corporate office and express our gratitude to their great company.  The C.O.O. of the company advised that it was due to the efforts of staff members from the Arizona stores (Prescott and Flagstaff) that the fundraising efforts were successful. 
Shiloh, Ryder, Juliann, and Tate
 
Ryder, Shiloh, and Tate
While in the administrative office of C-A-L Ranch, I noticed this sign hanging on a wall.  It is a quote I've heard before but it struck me today in a different way.  Isn't it true??...we should ENJOY life, not just ENDURE it.  So, this created a change of plans in our day...
 


We were in Twin Falls, Idaho, known as the base jumping capital of the world.  Jumpers come from countries all over the world to jump off the 486 foot, Perrine Bridge.  In an effort to enjoy life, we drove to the bridge so I could get my first base jump under my belt.


Tate, Juliann, Ryder, Choice, and Shiloh


Tate, Juliann, Ryder, Choice, Shiloh, and Morghen
Ryder was every bit as excited as me and was hoping they would allow him to jump also.  The youngest age allowed for a jumper is 16, so no such luck.  We'll have to return in 8 years so he and I can jump together.


Ryder and Juliann
The kids sat on the side of the canyon next to the bridge to watch my jump.  They were such brave little spectators.  Thank you Morghen for keeping a close eye on them next to the edge of a 486 foot cliff. :-)


Ryder, Tate, Choice, and Shiloh
The bridge in and of itself was a spectacular sight.  It was fun to listen to the drivers of the cars crossing the bridge as they notice you walking to the edge wearing a parachute and harness. They honked their horns and cheered out their windows as they drove by.

Perrine Bridge - Twin Falls ID
The process went rather quickly.  Before I knew it I was standing on the side of the Perrine Bridge ready to jump.  And just like that...
Juliann
I was off...
Juliann
 Morghen was able to capture this video of my base jump.  I wore a GoPro camera on my hand and took footage from my perspective on the jump.  Unfortunately, I am not as tech savvy as I am stupid, so I can't get the darn video to upload to this sight.  Perhaps it will appear at a later time.  For now, here is a snapshot, courtesy of Morghen and the kiddos... 
 
 
I was so thankful for the reminder to enjoy life.  We know far too well just how short this life can be.  Regardless of the way in which we choose to live our lives, or the precautions we take to remain out of danger, we all have a limited time on this Earth.  Andrew taught me the value of living life to the fullest and doing what makes you happy.  There is such a rush in doing something outside of yourself that pushes your comfort zone a tad.  I felt more alive today than I have in a long time and it came by walking out on the ledge.  Whether this is taken literally or figuratively, it is important to bravely step out on the edge and jump at times.  Take a risk.  Come to really understand your mortality and appreciate that you woke up this morning with a beating heart on this side of the dirt. 
WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE...WHY NOT REALLY LIVE?!?!
 

Juliann

5 comments:

  1. YES!!!! You've done it again! You have a way to create such significance in simplicity. And no one can argue that your free and adventurous spirit resonates with all who read. Once again, a trailblazer with passionate pursuit. Live on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW! What an inspiration you are Juliann! I love seeing your grace, love and literal leaps on your journey. Well the leap made my palms sweat - still can't get past my jumping fear 😳 one of these days perhaps 😊💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong, lies and safe. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Such an inspiration! 💜

    ReplyDelete