Thursday, May 14, 2015

MOTHER'S DAY


 


 Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.  I am so grateful for the annual day designated to celebrate our mothers for the pillars of strength they are in our lives.  And for those of us who are mothers, to remember the privilege it is to have precious souls entrusted into our loving care.

To my mother...you are the strongest woman I know.  A stalwart defender of truth and a doer of kind acts and thoughtful deeds.  I look up to and admire you in countless ways.  Your beauty illuminates from the inside out and your compassionate countenance radiates from your eyes.  I never knew how much I relied on you until I became a mother.  For all the things I did to you...I AM SORRY.  For all of the times I failed to say it...THANK YOU.  And forever I want you to know...I LOVE YOU.

To the mothers of the Granite Mountain Hotshots...Happy Mother's Day to a group of unbelievably resilient and powerful mothers.  Ones who raised kind boys who grew into dedicated and respected men.  Heroes. Find comfort today in knowing you more than succeeded in your role as mother.  You raised a Hotshot and a warrior in God's army.  I love you all!

To the widows of those great men...Life is full of unpredictability.  You ladies know this as well as anyone.  Today especially, I want you to know how much I love you and how inspired I have been by your courage and strength during the darkest of days.  Happy Mother's Day.  Keep up the great work.

To my Andrew...thank you for providing me the amazing opportunity and honor to be a mother.  I am doing my very best to raise our kiddos into kind, honest, and compassionate individuals, who embody the characteristics that made their Daddy a superhero in their eyes.  I love you and I miss your stinking guts.

To my little rugrats...you are my whole world and my very reason for waking up each and every day.  You light up my life.  Thank you for the many do-overs you allow me when I am weak or in my times of overreaction or under-appreciation.  You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you could ever imagine.  Be strong, safe, and wise and always remember who you are and what you stand for.  Daddy and I will love you forever and always!



We spent our day driving through Texas, however, it felt more like a week.  Unfortunately, our donor visit will take place next time we roll through and this was just a straight shot. 

Tate, Shiloh, Choice, Juliann, and Ryder
We did make a pit stop at a mom and pop diner to get a bite to eat and watch the NBA playoffs.  Choice was mesmerized by the talking lizard that welcomed you into the restaurant. 

Choice
There were other fun stops along the way.  One of my favorites was the Route 66 Museum.  The kids had a great time running around on the road painted on the sidewalk and seeing the antique cars and road signs.
Ryder, Tate, Choice, Juliann, and Shiloh
Remember my comment about "overreaction".  Well, this may have been one of those moments.  But seriously, how many times do I have to ask them to please be quiet in the back seat?!?!

Ryder, Shiloh, Tate, and Choice
Just because I am THE WORLD'S OKAYEST MOTHER, I allowed them to play on the train tracks.  Relax...I didn't leave them unattended.  Instead, I lead by example.

Juliann, Ryder, Shiloh, Tate, and Choice


Choice, Juliann, Tate, and Ryder
Whenever I am asked what I want for Mother's Day, my response is always the same..."PEACE AND QUIET".  I stole that answer from my mom.  (Whom I'm sure stole it from her mother, who stole it from her mother, who stole it from her mother, and so on). Peace becomes a rare treasure that you didn't even know to fully appreciate prior to having it completely sucked out of your life by these blessings we call children. 

A moment of hysterical irony occurred as we drove past a Peace Tribute in the middle of nowhere Texas right off of the interstate.  Naturally, we pulled over so my kids could deliver the gift I'd so desperately been seeking.   

Tate
 
Texas Peace Tribute


Ryder


Choice

Tate and Choice


Shiloh

Juliann

Shiloh

Ryder, Shiloh, Choice, Juliann, and Tate
This in and of itself made my day and put a smile on my face!!
 
Juliann

Little did I know, the next time we stopped to fill up for gas, they had a Mother's Day gift with which to surprise me.  The kids (Morghen) were so good to me! They gave me a card and each picked out something that they'd like to give me.  What unique and special treasures I received today...in the bag and in the hearts of those who put it together.  I am a lucky woman. Thank you!!! 


Tate, Ryder, Juliann, and Shiloh



Ryder, Juliann, Shiloh, Choice, and Tate


Ryder, Juliann, Shiloh, Choice, and Tate



Ryder, Juliann, and Shiloh


Ryder, Juliann, Shiloh, Choice, and Tate

 
"I love you so much. You are a kind person. Love Ryder. To Mom"






To conclude a wonderfully memorable Mother's Day, we finished our drive back home to check on the bus...again.  Just after crossing back into Arizona, we came across a billboard that reminded us of the origin of this trip; receiving a gentle confirmation that our loved ones are aware of us.


Billboard in Heber / Overgaard Arizona
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy late mothers day! I love reading about your experiences! You are a wonderful writer! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing mother ❤️you friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I'm so glad you have this blog:) I love you all!

    ReplyDelete